Call for Papers: Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Journal of Regulatory Compliance, Spring 2022, Symposium Edition
Loyola University Chicago School of Law’s Journal of Regulatory Compliance invites original submissions for publication in our Spring 2022 issue focused on regulatory developments within the ever-changing data privacy landscape.
The Journal of Regulatory Compliance is a biannual digital publication exploring broad themes and challenges facing regulatory compliance from a wide range of perspectives. The Journal seeks to advance academic dialogue regarding the management of regulatory risk in commercial enterprises, the experience of the regulated actor, and analysis of regulations within the context of organized efforts to comply with laws.
The Spring 2022 edition will focus on data privacy issues across all industries and will feature articles of broad interest regarding developments in data privacy regulation. Accordingly, we invite submissions addressing aspects of regulatory compliance in the data privacy context, including but not limited to the following areas of law:
- Developments in comprehensive state and federal data privacy regulations.
- Data privacy concerns in education and/or virtual learning.
- Data privacy, protection, and security in the workplace.
- Data privacy developments and issues within the financial industry.
- Data privacy and healthcare industry compliance.
- Data privacy and artificial intelligence, technology, and/or the media.
- Data privacy as it relates to civil rights and anti-discrimination activism.
- The impact of data privacy laws on regulatory enforcement efforts within distinct industries.
Submission Guidelines: The deadline to submit proposals is Friday, January 21, 2022. Interested participants should submit a 400-500 word abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “JRC Spring 2022 Submission.” JRC will notify those who submit abstracts whether their proposal has been accepted for publication within two weeks of receipt of submission. Full articles will run 7,500-12,500 words. We welcome submissions from law students, legal scholars, and other professional disciplines, and encourage submissions from authors whose voices are traditionally underrepresented in legal scholarship.
Questions: Please email any questions to JRC Publication Editor, Patrick Lucas, at email@example.com.