We are glad to announce Enago Academy’s third webinar (Topic: How to Avoid Plagiarism and Ensure Reproducibility) is scheduled on April 25, 2018. Dr. Nikhil Gokhale (Manager, Enago Academy) will conduct the webinar and share publishing best practices with researchers.
This week’s LIVE webinar will help researchers enhance their understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and publishing. Such issues can adversely affect the publication of research and bring significant discredit to the academic community. In a system where experts from multiple fields are involved in research collaborations, it is imperative that researchers acknowledge, give credit, and cite in a timely manner. When conducting literature surveys, if researchers try to understand the context and explain the published work to the target audience in their own language (after citing the original work), then there is no room left for plagiarism.
After this session, you will have more information on the following:
- Enhanced awareness on research and publishing misconduct
- Significance of adherence to ethical guidelines when conducting/publishing research
- Understanding the roles of publishers and authors in maintaining research integrity
- Retractions issued by journals because of plagiarism, authorship dispute, or ethical issues
Webinar Title: How to Avoid Plagiarism and Ensure Reproducibility
Schedule: April 25, 2018 | 12:30 & 8:30 A.M. (EDT)
Registration Link: Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and register now!
Please post topic-related queries on Enago Academy’s Q&A forum. and send general queries to email@example.com. We have limited slots available for the webinar. Kindly register for the event as soon as possible and do recommend this session to your colleagues! Please visit this webpage for help with global time zones. Kindly note we will share all webinar-related material (e.g., handouts, checklists, etc.) only with the attendees.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Experienced academic writing and publishing professional, experienced biomedical researcher, scientific editor, and scientific administrator.
- Conducted research at the renowned National Institutes of Health, USA and University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA.
- Secured intramural research funding worth USD 75,000 for the RKU Bioresearch & Characterisation Centre in Gujarat, India.
- Obtained corporate sponsorship from Biocon (India’s largest biopharmaceutical company), for the Indo-US Nobel Laureate Workshop conducted at St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai, India.
- Cited by articles published in Nature Chemical Biology, Structure, Angewandte Chemie, etc.
- Worked as the Associate Director of a PhD program; organized several training sessions for researchers.
- Served as a peer reviewer for Scopus-indexed STEM journals.
- Currently working as Manager, Enago Academy.