I'd like to ask legal authors: what would your 'ideal' submission period look like?
Consider some of these questions that I've heard from legal authors over the past few months:
- would you rather get very quick rejections or get all the decisions at one time?
- would all law reviews open at the same time?
- would manuscripts all go into a single repository and journals fight amongst themselves for the best work?
- would anonymity be preferred, or would school, cv, and submission history have more weight?
- would there be a limit to the number of law journals a manuscript can be submitted to?
- would non-student reviewers be more incorporated into the process?
- would expedited decision requests be eliminated altogether?
- would publication offer deadlines be able to be extended?