The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C.
Juris Doctor, expected May 2023
Honors: Pro Bono High Honors (100+ hours; featured in DC Pro Bono Week Fall 2021); Extra Mile Award (2021); Marathon Award for extraordinary dedication and outstanding service to the Law School community (2022)
Activities: Journal of Law and Technology, Lead Articles Editor
Published author anticipated 2023
Immigration and Refugee Advocacy Clinic (2 semesters)
Georgetown University, McCourt School of Public Policy, Washington, D.C.
Master of Arts in Policy Management, 2011
Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and German, 2002
Activities: NCAA Division III Tennis; Army ROTC; semester abroad, Frei Universität, Berlin, Germany
Bureau of Arms Control, Verification and Compliance, Department of State, Washington D.C.
Military Advisor, September 2018 to Present
· Serve as principal military advisor to United States (U.S.) Department of State for Vienna Document, Confidence and Security Building Measures, and for other security initiatives introduced to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s Forum for Security and Cooperation
U.S. Army, Germany, Iraq, Mauritania, Afghanistan, Fort Carson, Colorado, and Pentagon
Lieutenant Colonel, 2002 to Present
· 2018-Present: Serve as military advisor to Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European Arms Control, Compliance and Verification
· 2016-2018: Strategic Planner/Executive Officer to Army Chief of Strategy, Policy, and Planning
· 2002-2016: Commanded combat units with deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, and West Africa; missions in direct support of U.S. counter-terrorism efforts to include training, development, and joint operations with partner forces; period includes selection for and completing the U.S. Army premiere programs of Army Ranger School and Special Forces Qualification Course
· Significant experience operating in environments requiring highest degree of judgment, maturity, and ability to work effectively; led a diverse group, and completed tasks with limited resources and guidance; ongoing U.S. and international experience in conflict resolution, planning and organizing, and communications
Warrior Family Advocacy Inc., (501c3), Arlington, Virginia
Founder and Executive Director, November 2021-Present
· Conceptualize, define, and generate solutions to the problems Veterans and Servicemembers face in family court with regards to custody arrangements. Established in 2021 to address the unique legal education needs of Veterans and Servicemembers with respect to family court.
Henson Pachuta & Kammerman, PLLC, Fairfax, Virginia
Intern, September 2022-December 2022
· Prepared I-589 forms in support of asylum claims
· Researched and information gathered on Special Immigrant Visa Program for Afghan refugees
Columbus Community Legal Services (CCLS), Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C.
Student Attorney, January 2021-May 2021 and January 2022-May 2022
· Client intakes, interviews, developing case theory, completing asylum packets
· Research and briefings to fellow clinic student attorneys and local immigration non-profits
Christian Legal Aid of DC, Washington, D.C.
Volunteer, April 2019-Present
· Criminal Records expungement
· Probate filings
· Landlord Tenant issues
The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, Washington, D.C.
Volunteer, Spring 2021-Present
· Legal services free of charge to Military Veterans in need of support to pursue an appeal of their disability benefits before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
· Selected by Pat Tillman Foundation, Tillman Scholar (2022)
· Army War College Select (declined to attend in order to complete law school) (2021)
· Christian Legal Aid of DC, Volunteer of the Year (2020)
· Selected by Army to attend Georgetown’s McCourt School of Public Policy (2011)
· Selected by Chief of Staff of the Army General Casey for the Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award for exceptional leadership and best Green Beret Detachment Commander (2009)
· Bronze Star Medal for distinguished service in combat in Afghanistan (2008 and 2009)
· Combat Infantryman’s Badge (2008)
· Army Ranger School graduate (2004)
CLEARANCE, LANGUAGE SKILLS & INTERESTS
· TS-SCI Security Clearance
· Fluent in German and Turkish
· Status as U.S. Army Special Forces Green Beret
· My thirteen year old son and our dog Spike
· Immigration and Veteran Advocacy
· Pro Bono Work